My BTS Journey

"Kindness is the mark of faith; and whoever has not kindness has not faith." ~Muhammad

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

BTS Art Show-Encountering the Spirit

I wanted to share my entry in the BTS Art Show. It runs from April 6-30 at the White Art Gallery on the Bangor campus of Husson College. Here is my artist's statement:

“He leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul.” Psalm 23:2b-3a
There’s something about moving water that restores my soul. It can be the trickle of a small brook, the lapping of gentle waves on a lake shore, or the crash of ocean waves on our rocky coast; whatever form it takes, I find I always encounter the Spirit there. Being near water renews me. Another way I encounter the Spirit is by knitting. When I knit, the rhythmic flow of stitches soothes me. Because I have encountered the Spirit in my own life, I want to share that Spirit and bless others, so I knit my items to donate to Romania’s poor and orphaned. This scarf will be heading to Romania as soon as this show is over.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home